Wednesday, September 27, 2006

gossip on swan island with mika miko



last night the Gossip played at Plush in Tucson. We arrived just in time to be surprised by the first opening band, Swan Island, who grabbed my attention from the first old-school hard rock guitar riff to the last. I immediately got my hands on their debut CD and a button for my bag. Mika Miko were entertaining and energetic, and I was absolutely captivated by their drummer, Kate Hall. Finally, the Gossip came on and did not disappoint. I have been wanting to see them live since forever. the large undeniably danceable sound that trio can make with just one guitar, one drum set, and one voice is remarkable. and Beth Ditto is as hot in person as you would think. she came into the crowd and danced with Sallypants causing both of us to squeal like little girls. sorry, no pictures, i was too busy dancing to bother, but rusty wasn't - i got some from him. All three bands are on myspace, so go there if you are interested in hearing what they sound like:

Swan Island MySpace
Mika Miko Myspace
The Gossip MySpace

0 comments:

Last.fm

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

      © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates

    Back to TOP