Monday, July 31, 2006

rain rain rain


it has been raining like crazy in tucson. our average temperatures are 15 degrees below normal - in the mid 80's - for this time of year, the cacti are fat and happy, and the desert actually looks green. it is awesome. one slight negative - part of our kitchen ceiling collapsed last night at 3 in the morning. the house we live in is nearly 100 years old and we received somewhere around 4 inches of rain this weekend. that is more than we have receieved all year. washes and roads are flooding. cholera creek is constantly running down 1st street and most of the downtown underpasses are closed due to flooding.


4 comments:

Anonymous 1:55 PM  

comparatively:
"sun sun sun"...July has been the hottest summer in Germany since weather was recorded here. Most of the time we have between 89 and 101 degrees, which up to 15 degrees warmer than normal in this latitude. Isn't that crazy...I would say: global climate change is happening! ;o)

Hope you'll get your house repaired as soon as possible!?!
Stay dry!

I'll write more soon!
Yours, Zee.

Mel 1:51 AM  

Roof leaks generally suck, in my experience. I don't envy you.

I actually found the blog through your Flickr site because I searched "Vassey" to see if anything pertinent to my surname might show up. Who knew there's part of the Grand Canyon named for us? Know anything about the origin of the name?

Mel 1:52 AM  

I mean 'Vassey's Paradise', not my surname.

sparky 3:34 PM  

no, i don't know more about the origin of Vassey's Paradise, but it must be one of the earlier explorers of the Canyon. it is an amazing place, even though it is crawling with poison ivy.

Last.fm

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

      © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates

    Back to TOP