Tuesday, February 14, 2006

regresamos a Guatemala

the bus ride almost destroyed me, or rather, my back. two days on the bus and i couldn´t stand up straight or walk properly by the time we reached Guatemala City. instead of the 3 hour bouncy ride in an old school bus to Panajachel, we took the 1 hour bouncy ride to Antigua. there I immediately got into the first bed we found, sent Lindsey out for pain meds (you can go into any pharmacy and get what you need here) and laid on my back for 24 hours. it sucked. i am feeling better now and we are going to explore Antigua for a few days before going up to the lake. it is lovely here, with cobblestone streets, colorful colonial architecture and volcanoes surrounding the city. pictures coming soon.

1 comments:

Anonymous 7:23 AM  

Hi Nicole,

Hope you are feeling better and can get on with your trip soon. Look forward to your pictures and am lovin your blog! I'm leaving for Trinity for 5 days of snowshoeing, I'll check in when I return. Love Mom

Last.fm

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

      © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates

    Back to TOP