Monday, October 10, 2005

flooding and mudslides in Guatemala

hurricane stan (what kind of name for a hurricane is that anyway?) hit southern Mexico and Central America pretty hard last week. Guatemala seems to have taken the brunt of it with widespread flooding and massive mudslides wiping out entire Mayan villages. the death toll is expected to be over 1000 people. there isn't much coverage of this tragedy in the american media, but i was able to find some pictures on a few Guatemalan blogs.


flooding in Xela(Quetzaltenango), Guatemala (from esquipulas)



mud in Panajachel, Guatemala (from panajachel.net)

1 comments:

Anonymous 3:55 PM  

Hey Sparky and Lindsey,
it's me, Conny....I really can't believe that you guys are down in Guatemala - that's awesome! I just hope that everything is okay since there so much rain and Hurricane going on!
So you did it and are about to pursue your travel plans - very good. I'm with you! Keep your eyes open to tell me all the details once we see each other again!

I can't wait to read and see more of your adeventures!
I'm thinking about you...AND I miss haning out with you!!

Funny faces.....Coki***

Last.fm

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

      © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates

    Back to TOP